Educators Across the Nation Participate in White House Safe Firearm Storage Town Hall. At the same time Biden Admin and UN move to attack gun rights
- The White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention and the U.S. Department of Education have introduced a new resource to help schools communicate with parents about the importance of secure firearm storage.
- A letter from the Education Department is being sent to school principals nationwide, urging them to discuss safe gun storage with families.
- A communication template for school leaders to use in discussions with parents about firearm storage has been provided.
- First Lady Jill Biden, Stefanie Feldman, and U.S. Education Secretary Miguel Cardona will participate in a town hall with school principals to stress the importance of secure firearm storage.
- Stefanie Feldman expressed concern about parents’ fears of gun violence at schools.
- Gun violence is the leading cause of death among children in the U.S., with about 4.6 million children living in homes with unsecured firearms.
- Safe storage of firearms can significantly reduce the risk of self-harm, unintentional shootings, and school shootings among children.
- 76% of school shootings involve guns obtained from the shooter’s home, and 80% of firearm suicides by children involve a family member’s gun.
- Unsecured firearms in homes are a major source of unintentional shootings and firearm thefts, with a significant number of firearms stolen from unattended vehicles.
- The Biden-Harris Administration’s Safer States Initiative aims to reduce gun violence through various measures, including promoting safe gun storage.
- The administration has also allocated funding through the American Rescue Plan and other acts to support mental health services and create safer, healthier learning environments in schools. Read more by Karen Stokes
The White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention, led by President Joe Biden, has unveiled a comprehensive campaign aimed at advocating for safe gun storage practices. The initiative, discussed during a recent town hall at the White House, involves collaboration with schools, the military, and a push for federal and state gun storage laws.
First Lady Jill Biden, U.S. Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona, and White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention Director Stefanie Feldman outlined the plans during a town hall with school principals on January 25. They emphasized President Biden’s commitment to addressing the ongoing issues related to gun violence, particularly concerning suicide and violent crimes involving firearms.
Ms. Biden conveyed the President’s dedication to solving the problem, stating, “He’s not going to rest until he solves it. We must protect our kids from gun violence.” Director Feldman highlighted that President Biden has implemented more executive actions promoting gun safety than any of his predecessors. These actions include suicide prevention programs, funding for school-based mental health services, and support for violence intervention programs under the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act.
Under Joe Biden, the ATF has targeted our state’s gun stores, eager to remove gun access for thousands Kansans and impeding on our Second Amendment rights. We are asking for answers. – Dr. Robert Marshall.
Biden and the UN team up to BAN AMMUNITION! ‘
Biden and the UN team up to BAN AMMUNITION! pic.twitter.com/GexdDgWm43
— National Association for Gun Rights (@NatlGunRights) January 26, 2024
Piecemeal state laws are not enough – we need a federal law requiring people to store all guns safely. Anything less is irresponsible.https://t.co/Wh3uGB6zrQ
— Dan Semenza (@dsemenzcrim) January 24, 2024
Protecting the 2A and talking to the very advocates for gun ownership and the owners of gun stores themselves is a crucial step ALL politicians should be taking to understand the challenges we’re gonna face on the 2A front in the future. Vivek gets it. see fast clip below
Protecting the 2A and talking to the very advocates for gun ownership and the owners of gun stores themselves is a crucial step ALL politicians should be taking to understand the challenges we’re gonna face on the 2A front in the future.
Vivek gets it. pic.twitter.com/MQuFxoLakB
— Malcolm Fle𝕏 (@Malcolm_fleX48) January 26, 2024
The Biden Administration is actively urging Congress to pass a national safe storage law. This legislation would hold gun owners accountable for crimes committed with improperly stored firearms. Director Feldman mentioned collaboration with the Department of Education and the Department of Justice to assist school administrators. The Department of Justice has published model legislation for state leaders to consider when adopting their own storage laws.
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) rules for Federal Firearms Licensees (FFLs) were also reiterated during the town hall. FFLs are required to sell storage or locking devices compatible with the firearms they offer. The ATF has emphasized their obligation to manage gun storage requests with the same diligence as gun purchases, including background checks and record-keeping.
Gun Owners of America have an interesting take on the ATF. Observing tyrants in their natural habitat. See the fast clip below…
Observing tyrants in their natural habitat. 👀 pic.twitter.com/b7smGX9Al0
— Gun Owners of America (@GunOwners) January 26, 2024
Celebrating a century of making connections like these: NLC’s Maryam Ahmed with Deputy Director of the Federal Office of Gun Violence Prevention Greg Jackson and @PeaceforDC Executive Director Marcus Ellis at a Principal Townhall on #GunViolencePrevention and Safe Storage at the… pic.twitter.com/GxRsNSSdZY
— National League of Cities (@leagueofcities) January 26, 2024
Secretary Cardona has developed templates for letters that principals can use to encourage teachers to promote safe gun storage in classrooms. In a letter to principals nationwide, he emphasized the responsibility of school personnel to keep children safe, extending beyond the school building.
Here is a good summary of gun control facts. Fast clip
Here is a good summary of gun control facts. pic.twitter.com/Om6a8QJJa7
— StopLyingto.US (@Lie_Navigator) January 19, 2024
The primary objective of the program is to prevent mass shootings, accidental shooting deaths, and suicides by making it more challenging to access firearms. It aims to leverage the credibility and trust of school principals and administrators to save lives. These folks should be teaching firearm safety as well as marksmanship in schools. We used to have such classes in most schools across this nation. Going back to it would only help bring about more responsible gun ownership.
THIS IS BIG: Today, the @WhiteHouse announced new executive actions to promote secure storage of firearms, including the most comprehensive guide on safe storage ever released by the federal government. https://t.co/xZlyX7uRLm
— Moms Demand Action (@MomsDemand) January 25, 2024
However, the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) has criticized the administration’s efforts as overreach. Mark Oliva, the managing director for public affairs of NSSF, stated that the organization has been promoting safe storage and suicide prevention programs independently for over 20 years through Project ChildSafe. The program educates gun owners on safe storage options and has partnered with law enforcement agencies nationwide, distributing over 40 million firearm safety kits with gun locks.
Oliva argued that the Biden administration should recognize and support effective programs like Project ChildSafe rather than pursuing mandates. He highlighted the NSSF’s new suicide prevention program, BraveConversation.org, which offers education and resources for families, law enforcement, and individuals, emphasizing collaboration with established organizations like the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention.
The Biden administration will unveil new federal actions to promote the safe storage of firearms in households, building upon an executive order signed by President Joe Biden last year in response to increasing gun violence. https://t.co/WPEVe6Irdk via @Yahoo
— 𝕸𝖆𝖗𝖎𝖊 🇲🇽🇺🇸⚔️ 🌊🐺♒💃💙🌻 (@LMarieVResists) January 26, 2024
In response to the administration’s efforts, Oliva pointed out, “The Biden administration is ignoring the U.S. Supreme Court’s holding in District of Columbia v. Heller that clearly found the government cannot mandate firearms must be locked in the home. It would be more effective if the Biden administration would recognize and support effective programs such as Project ChildSafe.”
- Be prepared for anything, including lockdowns with your own Emergency Med kit – see Wellness Emergency Kit (includes Ivermectin and other essential drugs – get approved over the phone – Dr. McCullough’s company!) 🛑
- Get the Spike Control formula to help you clean your blood out of spike proteins from the vaccine. Proven to clean blood and save lives. 👍 – Whatfinger Sponsor
Major Points Discussed:
- President Joe Biden’s administration has launched a comprehensive campaign through the White House Office of Gun Violence Prevention to promote safe gun storage practices.
- First Lady Jill Biden, Secretary of Education Miguel Cardona, and Director Stefanie Feldman discussed the initiative during a town hall with school principals at the White House, emphasizing President Biden’s commitment to addressing gun violence issues.
- The administration highlighted President Biden’s executive actions, including suicide prevention programs, funding for school-based mental health services, and support for violence intervention programs, surpassing those of previous presidents.
- The Biden Administration is urging Congress to pass a national safe storage law, holding gun owners accountable for crimes involving improperly stored firearms. Model legislation has been provided for state leaders.
- The National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF) criticized the administration’s efforts, citing their longstanding Project ChildSafe initiative, which educates gun owners on safe storage. They argued that the government should recognize and support effective programs rather than pursuing mandates.
Comments – Threads – Links
- That’s not good. Criminals aren’t going to wait while vulnerable people unlock their guns. – Neeson™
- FOCUS. #BorderCrisis. It costs nothing but the ink in the President’s pen. He needs to reverse horrendous executive orders he signed at the beginning of his term. Then, enforce the existing laws. No funding is required. Congress is not needed. Improves everything! – Pleeezzz…
- My guns are safely stored in safes (note the plural) bolted into the foundation of my home to make them harder for groups like yours to take away. – Jason Lee Van Dyke
- #RIGHT: “There’s no federal law requiring gun owners to lock up their firearms, although the White House has encouraged such rules to be implemented at the state level.” — it would be UNCONSTITUTIONAL to enact such a law. Refer to #DCvHeller since you obviously haven’t. – Outrage PNW
Biden and crew are doing everything possible to take the nation down. Nations and banks around the world are buying Gold fast and at record amounts. Do yourself or your family a favor, check out GOLD now – Whatfinger endorses Goldco, which has helped people all over America to protect their 401Ks and retirement – get the free details – CLICK HERE or below…
News Junkies Delight…. One visit and you are hooked…. Come over to Whatfinger’s main page. All news and more news than any other site on the net.