Just the facts…
- Three U.S. service members were killed and 25 wounded in a drone attack in North Jordan near the Syria border.
- President Joe Biden released a statement expressing grief and mourning for the fallen service members, describing the attack as “despicable and wholly unjust.”
- The attack was attributed to radical Iran-backed militant groups operating in Syria and Iraq.
- Biden emphasized the bravery, duty, and commitment of the fallen service members and assured that the U.S. will continue to fight terrorism and hold those responsible accountable.
- The Pentagon is monitoring 34 personnel for possible traumatic brain injuries following the attack, indicating the severity of the incident.
- The U.S. is yet to release detailed information on the types of injuries sustained by the troops.
- Biden vowed to take action against the perpetrators of the attack, stressing the U.S.’s commitment to fighting terrorism and holding accountable those responsible.
- No immediate reaction was reported from Jordan, which borders Iraq, Israel, the West Bank, Saudi Arabia, and Syria, and hosts approximately 3,000 American troops.
- The attack marks the first targeting American troops in Jordan during the ongoing conflict between Israel and Hamas.
- Iran-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen have also targeted U.S. troops in the Middle East since November, leading to U.S. and UK airstrikes on Houthi targets in Yemen.
Here is the Syria-Jordan border region where US troops were bombed last night as they slept, 3 soldiers killed
Tower 22 is just on the Jordanian side, overlooking the border crossing pic.twitter.com/z1fPgblfv2
— Jack Poso 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) January 28, 2024
Comments – Threads – Links
- Three U.S. Service Members Killed, 25 Wounded, in North Jordan Drone Attack – Last Refuge
- BREAKING: US troops bombed by kamikaze drone as they slept in the outpost at Tower 22 in Joran, along the Syrian border. Whatever air defenses were there weren’t enough 3 killed, up to 34 injured, per current reporting Biden is getting our troops killed in their sleep – Jack Posobiec
- U.S. hostages still held in Gaza and now US troops are being killed and wounded in Jordan! Jordan!!?! Biden and his team have ushered in multiple wars… after Donald Trump brought peace between Arabs and Israelis. Stop voting for this weakness! – Richard Grenell
- Breaking: At least 3 US Army troops killed, more than two dozen injured in Jordan, officials say – Just The News