Mark Dice just put out a video we posted earlier on the Snopes debacle. One of many for the supposed fact checking site. Take a look…
This video by Mark Dice humorously critiques fact-checkers for allegedly protecting political figures by disputing negative or embarrassing content about them, focusing on an incident where Joe Biden appeared to wear a hard hat backwards.
- Biden’s Hard Hat Incident: Joe Biden was seen wearing a hard hat backwards during a campaign stop, sparking widespread mockery online.
- Fact-Checkers’ Response: Fact-checking website Snopes initially declared claims about Biden’s hard hat being worn backwards as false, only to face ridicule and later adjust their stance.
- Evidence Overlooked: The video highlights how clear photographic evidence contradicted the fact-checkers’ initial assessments.
- Critique of Fact-Checking: Mark Dice accuses fact-checkers of bias, suggesting they often protect certain political figures by manipulating public perception of events.
- Public Reaction: The incident led to significant online discussion, with many using it to question the reliability and impartiality of fact-checking organizations.
- Broader Implications: The video suggests this incident is indicative of a larger trend where digital platforms and fact-checkers influence what information is widely shared or suppressed.
- Investigation and Analysis: Dice compares other photos and videos from the same event to validate the claim that Biden’s hard hat was indeed worn incorrectly.
- Misinformation and Public Trust: The incident is used to discuss how misinformation can spread and the role of fact-checkers in either clarifying or confusing public understanding.
- Social Media Influence: The role of social media in amplifying such incidents and the subsequent fact-checking controversies is examined.
- Mark Dice’s Perspective: The content creator uses this event to illustrate his views on media bias, fact-checking, and the political landscape in the United States. – You can see the full video on Snope – Just listen to Dice’s first line, and you get it pretty fast. see: Snopes “Fact-Checkers” Do It Again! Protecting Democrats and lying about it
‘Snopes is wrong again. The hard hat is on Backwards unless Biden is on backwards. Snopes went Democrat 10 years ago, said James Holden. I mean, seriously folks. Check this out…
Snopes trying to say EVERYONE else is wearing THEIR hard hats wrong and Biden is the smart one.
Bruh 😂 https://t.co/XJH26b28Z0
— tisme (@Tismeimback) January 27, 2024
‘That Snopes article is one of best examples of how language can be twisted to falsely make a point. The point is that Biden was wearing the hat wrong, not the orientation of the hat, said Mark Christenson. In a recent incident that unfolded on social media, fact-checking website Snopes found itself in the hot seat after attempting to debunk claims that President Joe Biden wore a hard hat backwards during a campaign stop with union workers. The controversy arose when images circulated on social media showing Biden sporting a hard hat in what appeared to be an unconventional manner at a construction site in Superior, Wisconsin.
Biden’s hard hat flip-flop might be the most on-point metaphor for the current state of affairs. Protection facing the wrong direction! – Hank
Initially, Snopes categorically rated the assertion that Biden wore the construction hat incorrectly as “False.” However, as social media users scrutinized the fact-check, questioning its credibility and accusing it of political bias, Snopes was compelled to reassess its stance.
In response to the swift and overwhelming criticism, Snopes issued a substantial Editor’s Note on its webpage. People are starting to respond too the many lies of Snopes, far more quickly than they used to. So we congratulate them in fessing up, under pressure as they looked like the political fools we have all grown used to seeing them as over the past number of years since they went Left. The note acknowledged the influx of comments challenging the assumption that wearing a hard hat “backwards” implied positioning the brim to the rear. Snopes confessed to its initial error, conceding that the claim was, in fact, accurate. The fact-checker now acknowledged that Biden had indeed worn the hard hat backwards during the photo-op, and the strap and tightening knob should have been positioned behind his head, not on his forehead.
Snopes fact checked the claim that Joe Biden wore a hard hat in his photo op with construction workers backwards and found it to be FALSE. They later revised it to be TRUE after X corrected them. pic.twitter.com/0Z8kqx6m89
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) January 27, 2024
Snopes humorously added, “A corollary to that argument is ‘Biden looks damn silly in any case,'” showcasing a self-deprecating acknowledgment of the president’s unconventional fashion choice. Consequently, the fact check was revised, and the statement “President Joe Biden wore a hard hat backwards during a photo op with union construction workers in Superior, Wisconsin” was re-rated as true.
The online community did not miss the opportunity to poke fun at Snopes for its about-face. Users on various platforms shared their amusement, with one user describing the incident as “probably the best ‘How it started vs how it’s going’ of all time.” Another user playfully remarked, “Lmao X bullied Snopes into posting the truth,” emphasizing the public’s role in holding fact-checkers accountable.
Democratic fact checker @snopes claims Biden didn’t wear a hard hat backwards during a photo shot. Photographic evidence proves otherwise.
You can’t trust fact checkers. Do your research. pic.twitter.com/GLdNLptdS1
— Hunter Goodwin (@Gh3ttotwinkie) January 27, 2024
This episode is not the first time Snopes has faced criticism and retraction due to public backlash. In a previous dispute with the conservative satire outlet The Babylon Bee, Snopes introduced the category “labeled satire” to distinguish its fact-checking from satirical content. The incident highlighted the challenges and controversies that fact-checking organizations can encounter, especially when navigating political nuances and public perceptions.
Why these matters at all you might ask. Well, many agencies that you know have relied and some still do rely on Snopes to censor Conservatives. As long as we can all still pounce and point out how horribly biased they are, we will be fine. But what happens when the Deep State takes out the main outlet for doing so, Elon Musk’s X/Twitter? It doesn’t look like it is long from now.
Snopes fact-check: "Biden wore a hard hat backwards" is misinformation
Who are you going to believe:
Snopes or your lying eyes? pic.twitter.com/p30Qu0uWlY
— End Wokeness (@EndWokeness) January 27, 2024
- Be prepared for anything, including lockdowns with your own Emergency Med kit – see Wellness Emergency Kit (includes Ivermectin and other essential drugs – get approved over the phone – Dr. McCullough’s company!) 🛑
- Get the Spike Control formula to help you clean your blood out of spike proteins from the vaccine. Proven to clean blood and save lives. 👍 – Whatfinger Sponsor
Major Points Discussed:
- Social media users criticized President Biden for wearing a hard hat backwards during a campaign stop in Superior, Wisconsin.
- Fact-checking site Snopes initially labeled the claim as “False,” asserting that wearing a hard hat backwards meant positioning the brim to the rear.
- Social media backlash prompted Snopes to reevaluate its stance, leading to a reversal of its fact-check, acknowledging that Biden did wear the hard hat backwards.
- Snopes issued a detailed Editor’s Note, admitting the error and humorously acknowledging that Biden’s unconventional fashion choice made him look “damn silly.”
- This incident is not the first time Snopes faced criticism; previously, the fact-checking site introduced a “labeled satire” category following a dispute with conservative satire outlet The Babylon Bee.
Comments – Threads – Links
- It’s perfectly fine how someone wants to wear a hard hat. That’s not the point of the tweet. The point of my tweet is fact checkers got caught lying. If they’re willing to lie about something so simple how can anyone in their right mind believe they’re not lying over serious issues? – Hunter Goodwin
- What defines a hat being backwards? The brim (or bill) of the hat is in front, so he’s wearing it forwards. But the adjustment strap is ALSO in front, so he’s wearing it backwards. So both statements are true depending on how you define what forward is (yay, science! Lol) – Pete Sesto
- You can literally wear that hard hat forwards or backwards big dog, that’s how it was designed – Josh Sherwood
- “Backwards is forwards” should be the Biden campaign slogan – Schloooooooong
- it’s supposedly common to do this when you are drinking and wearing a hardhat – Dr. Biased Bot
Biden and crew are doing everything possible to take the nation down. Nations and banks around the world are buying Gold fast and at record amounts. Do yourself or your family a favor, check out GOLD now – Whatfinger endorses Goldco, which has helped people all over America to protect their 401Ks and retirement – get the free details – CLICK HERE or below…
News Junkies Delight…. One visit and you are hooked…. Come over to Whatfinger’s main page. All news and more news than any other site on the net.