The Political Show Is On… And What Would It Get Us? Biden Can appoint anyone to the post to replace this Man at will. Not that the impeachment passes the Senate to begin with. It will not.
Playing their part for the camera… House Republicans have taken a significant step by unveiling two Articles of Impeachment against Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas. The move comes in response to allegations of his refusal to enforce immigration laws, the creation of programs defying congressional intent, and providing false information to Congress regarding the crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border. All of media call it accusations, but really there is no one left, not even on the left side of aisle, that doesn’t know Mayorkas is a lying fool. When he says daily or weekly that’ the border is secure’ he knows he is lying. And he knows we know he is lying. And he does not care. What are you going to do about it? That’s the attitude.
Honestly impeachments seem to result in nothing. When will these people be held accountable?- Shay
In the first Article of Impeachment, the accusations center around Mayorkas’ willful and systematic refusal to comply with federal immigration laws throughout his tenure. Republicans argue that this non-compliance has led to millions of illegal entries into the United States annually, posing a threat to national security and causing significant challenges for communities across the country. The Article contends that Mayorkas’ actions not only violate the separation of powers outlined in the Constitution but also contribute to the increased control of the Southwest border by drug cartels.
The second Article of Impeachment accuses Mayorkas of violating public trust by knowingly making false statements and obstructing lawful oversight. The document lists instances where he allegedly provided misleading information to Congress, such as falsely claiming the border was secure, misrepresenting the vetting process for Afghan evacuees, and supporting a false narrative about Border Patrol agents. The Article also highlights his failure to comply with congressional subpoenas and his obstruction of the DHS Office of Inspector General’s access to records.
Finally… let's freaking go. 🔥🔥🔥
Articles of impeachment of mayorkas. I want to see arrests. Handcuffs and an orange jumpsuit. One can hope. pic.twitter.com/3YZIehUk7l
— Sassafrass84 (@Sassafrass_84) January 28, 2024
Representative Mark Green, chair of the House Homeland Security Committee, emphasized the gravity of the situation, stating, “These articles lay out a clear, compelling, and irrefutable case for Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas’ impeachment.” Green argued that Mayorkas has not only ignored immigration laws enacted by Congress but has also breached public trust by providing false information and obstructing oversight.
House Speaker Mike Johnson expressed his expectation that the full House would debate and vote on the articles in the coming week. He criticized President Biden and Mayorkas for allegedly undermining immigration laws and creating chaos at the border. Johnson asserted that the Homeland Security Committee would move forward with the impeachment articles upon returning, holding a floor vote soon thereafter. Unfortunately for America, Deep State Johnson has and will continue to lie to the public right to our faces. As of this writing, this ‘Christian’ has lied on the border, the budget, Ukraine funding, and the videos being released for Jan 6. There are still ‘hostages’ as we now call them, who after three years are still in solitary confinement, to break them of their wills, with no trial and no justice. The videos can get most of them free as we have shown that January 6th was orchestrated by Pelosi, the Mayor of DC, the police and the FBI with their agents. It is a Fedsurrection as Revolver and most of MAGA call is.
Tuesday on our Homeland Security Committee we are voting to impeach Secretary Mayorkas.
Here are the facts about the Articles of Impeachment. pic.twitter.com/eR38GeTwLn
— Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 (@RepMTG) January 28, 2024
The planned markup of the impeachment articles follows previous hearings where Republicans presented evidence, including transcripts of interviews with Customs and Border Protection agents who described dramatic reversals in duties after President Biden assumed office. All 15 Democrats on the committee are expected to oppose the Articles of Impeachment.
In response to the impeachment articles, Representative Bennie Thompson, the Ranking Member of the committee, criticized the lack of evidence of high crimes or misdemeanors, the constitutional standard for impeachment. Thompson accused Republicans of pursuing a fact-free investigation to score political points.
Thompson also highlighted procedural concerns, arguing that the full House should authorize the impeachment process, and Mayorkas should be given an opportunity to testify in his own defense. He cited historical precedents where the full House authorized impeachment inquiries and criticized the lack of authorization in this case.
BOOM! Articles of impeachment against DHS secretary, Alejandro Mayorkas just released. pic.twitter.com/4PM9EQfDRQ
— SweetPeaBelle (@SweetPeaBell326) January 28, 2024
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) issued a statement defending Mayorkas, labeling the impeachment proceedings as political games. As if they would ever go against their own boss. The statement refuted the allegations, emphasizing the administration’s efforts to address border challenges, remove noncitizens, and combat Fentanyl-related crimes. It also highlighted Mayorkas’ extensive testimony at congressional hearings, characterizing the impeachment as baseless.
As the impeachment proceedings unfold, political tensions are set to rise, with Republicans pushing for accountability and Democrats arguing against what they perceive as a politically motivated move. The coming weeks will reveal the extent of bipartisan support for or opposition to the impeachment articles against Secretary Mayorkas. Meanwhile, Americans are still being poisoned by China, still facing crime and ultimately bankruptcy by the actions of the Biden Administration, now aided by Speaker Johnson and the RINOS.
- Be prepared for anything, including lockdowns with your own Emergency Med kit – see Wellness Emergency Kit (includes Ivermectin and other essential drugs – get approved over the phone – Dr. McCullough’s company!) 🛑
- Get the Spike Control formula to help you clean your blood out of spike proteins from the vaccine. Proven to clean blood and save lives. 👍 – Whatfinger Sponsor
Major Points Discussed:
- House Republicans have introduced two Articles of Impeachment against Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas.
- The first Article alleges Mayorkas’ willful and systematic refusal to comply with federal immigration laws, leading to millions of illegal entries and posing a threat to national security.
- The second Article accuses Mayorkas of violating public trust by knowingly providing false information to Congress, obstructing oversight, and failing to comply with subpoenas.
- Representative Mark Green argues that the impeachment articles present a compelling case for Mayorkas’ removal, emphasizing his disregard for immigration laws and breach of public trust.
- Democrats, led by Representative Bennie Thompson, criticize the lack of evidence for high crimes and procedural issues, asserting that the impeachment is politically motivated.
Comments – Threads – Links
- In many cities, schools are being closed then turned into housing centers for illegal aliens. Is this the plan for Columbia School? This is happening in New York City, Boston, Denver, Chicago and all along the US southern border- Victoria Fox
- He should be arrested and imprisoned; tried for treason- JennJenn
- Let’s NOT have this be just political posturing. This needs to happen. The people need to know they have power. Heaven help us when the finally, absolutely, realize they don’t.- JohnDickinson1776
- Even if the impeachment passes both houses, Joe will just replace him with someone equally as bad if not worse- Tina