Always hurting America, Every Decision By Biden Has Been a Complete Disaster
Pres. Biden is trying to stop LNG permits, and it is bone-deep, down-to-the-marrow stupid. – says Senator Kenndy – listen to fast clip
Pres. Biden is trying to stop LNG permits, and it is bone-deep, down-to-the-marrow stupid. pic.twitter.com/A6iE1N9lKs
— John Kennedy (@SenJohnKennedy) January 30, 2024
As Senator Kennedy says, LNG is very good for the environment. This move only hurts our allies, and America. As Daniel Turner pointed out, ‘Biden Paused LNG exports – Canceled the Keystone pipeline – Terminated ANWR leases – Banned drilling in northwestern NM – Drained the Strategic Petroleum Reserve – Begged OPEC for oil Joe Biden is the most anti-American energy President in history.’ Kyle Becker stated ‘The Biden regime’s attack on Liquified Natural Gas has nothing to do with the absurd fight against “climate change.” LNG is relatively low on “carbon emissions.” This is an attack on the U.S. economy. It is an attack on national security. And it’s an attack on Texas.’
With his new attack on LNG, Pres. Biden is intentionally killing jobs and threatening our national security to placate confused climate extremists. Senator Kennedy linking to Wall Street Journal article
Joe Biden retaliates against LNG industry to punish Texas. “Pauses” pending LNG export approvals. Blames “MAGA Republicans” for pause in official statement. Even many on the left are shocked, as this will hurt anti-pollution/anti-“global warming” efforts. – National Conservative
President Biden’s recent decision to pause proposed liquefied natural gas (LNG) export projects has ignited a wave of criticism from a diverse group of Republicans, including former Energy Secretary Rick Perry. The move has raised concerns about its economic impact and its potential to benefit U.S. adversaries. Key figures such as House Speaker Mike Johnson, House Energy and Commerce Committee Chair Cathy McMorris Rodgers, and House Natural Resources Committee Chair Bruce Westerman argue that LNG exports are crucial for maintaining low energy prices in the U.S., supporting American allies in reducing dependence on Russian gas, and addressing global carbon emissions.
Last week, the White House paused new permits for LNG exports, benefitting Putin and Qatar. Biden’s political calculation is damaging to national security. American LNG is needed by Europe, and limiting exports benefits Russia and harms transatlantic… The America One News
Former Energy Secretary Perry, who served under the Trump administration, condemned the decision, stating that withholding U.S. LNG supply from promised allies is an “act of economic hostility.” He expressed concern that the moratorium on LNG permits could empower Russian President Putin, harm job prospects in Pennsylvania, and compromise American national security by pushing allies back to Russia and Qatar for energy.
Perry emphasized that during his tenure, he encountered European leaders eager to diversify their energy suppliers, highlighting the strategic importance of U.S. LNG. President Biden’s directive, issued on a Friday morning, instructs the Department of Energy (DOE) to halt pending permits for LNG export facilities until a thorough environmental review assessing carbon emissions is completed, a process that could extend beyond a year.
Finally some consistency! Last Friday @POTUS paused the permitting process for new liquefied natural gas export facilities in order to analyze their impact on climate change, the economy and national security. Via @LFFriedman @nytimes #LNG #ClimateCrisis https://t.co/1BNCjs8ats
— Alicia Montoya (@alicialamalicia) January 27, 2024
Climate activists, who have been advocating for such a move, celebrated the decision as a significant victory. President Biden framed the pause on LNG permits as part of his broader climate agenda, emphasizing the urgency of addressing the climate crisis. However, critics, including McMorris Rodgers, argue that the decision prioritizes the demands of radical activists over U.S. energy security and allies’ security, characterizing it as a gift to Putin.
Richard Grenell said ‘Joe Biden stops all Liquid Natural Gas approvals. He blames it on climate change and MAGA Republicans. This is all politics – Biden is giving the far Left more gifts. White House: “This pause on new LNG approvals sees the climate crisis for what it is: the existential threat of our time. While MAGA Republicans willfully deny the urgency of the climate crisis, condemning the American people to a dangerous future, my Administration will not be complacent. We will not cede to special interests.’
The impact of the pause is not yet fully clear, but a senior administration official noted that it would affect at least two projects with larger capacities and two with smaller capacities. It would only impact projects that have undergone the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s (FERC) approval process and are awaiting DOE approval.
Republican lawmakers voiced their dissatisfaction with the decision, with Johnson asserting that the policy change contradicts the commitments made to reduce Europe’s dependence on Russia. Westerman criticized the move, stating that halting the export of American natural gas is advantageous to adversaries like China and Russia, posing a threat to national security and American energy workers.
🚨 **Breaking: Biden Halts LNG Gas Deliveries to Germany**
In a surprising move, President Biden has reportedly ordered the cessation of LNG (liquefied natural gas) deliveries to Germany. The decision raises questions about energy policies and geopolitical implications.
— 𝕏 (@AlertChannel) January 27, 2024
The pause on LNG export permits also drew criticism from Congressional Western Caucus Chairman Dan Newhouse, who labeled it as another assault on American energy production jeopardizing national security and global energy markets. Representatives Pfluger and Hern emphasized the role of U.S. LNG in supporting Europe during Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, underscoring its importance in countering Putin’s efforts.
Research supporting Biden‘s pause on LNG has parallels to study supporting the gas stove ban – John Solomon – Just The News
The decision comes weeks after European and Asian energy suppliers urged Biden to expedite LNG exports, emphasizing the need for a steady supply of natural gas amid the ongoing conflict in Ukraine. The Biden administration’s commitment to sending more U.S. LNG to Europe appears to conflict with the recent pause on permits, raising questions about consistency in regulatory policies.
A group of 25 Senate Republicans, led by Sen. Bill Cassidy, warned of consequences in a letter to Biden and Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm. They argued that limiting U.S. LNG exports could lead to increased energy production from countries like Russia and Iran, subject to less stringent environmental regulations, potentially contributing to global emissions.
Headline in Germany: 🗞️ “Biden stops new LNG exports: Where does Germany get liquefied natural gas from now?
The federal government has fully relied on LNG from the USA. Now, completely unexpectedly, US President Joe Biden has ordered an LNG stop – because of the climate.” https://t.co/KaSdHCNn8O
— Shaylyn Hynes (@ShayHynes) January 28, 2024
Proponents of increased LNG exports contend that transitioning to natural gas reliance would assist in meeting decarbonization goals. They argue that without expanded LNG exports, nations might resort to more carbon-intensive coal-fired power generation. The fossil fuel industry highlights the role of the U.S. in leading global carbon emissions reductions, largely attributed to increased reliance on natural gas over coal.
Biden admin is ‘handing a gift’ to Putin by pausing LNG exports: Rep. August Pfluger – Maria Bartiromo – Fox Business Vid
Sen. Dan Sullivan emphasized that when America exports clean-burning natural gas, global emissions decrease, and allies can reduce dependence on Russian gas. Critics argue that Biden’s decision undermines these facts, choosing political considerations over climate science, jeopardizing the American workforce, and putting national security at risk. The debate surrounding the pause on LNG export projects underscores the complex interplay between energy policy, economic considerations, and environmental concerns in the pursuit of a sustainable future. As we all know Biden has pledged to destroy the industry. As of this writing, he is at least a man of his word, as he destroys our energy industry piece by piece. Utterly pathetic if you ask me. He makes war on our own nation.
- Be prepared for anything, including lockdowns with your own Emergency Med kit – see Wellness Emergency Kit (includes Ivermectin and other essential drugs – get approved over the phone – Dr. McCullough’s company!) 🛑
- Get the Spike Control formula to help you clean your blood out of spike proteins from the vaccine. Proven to clean blood and save lives. 👍 – Whatfinger Sponsor
Major Points Discussed:
- President Biden’s decision to pause LNG export projects faces criticism from Republicans, including former Energy Secretary Rick Perry, who argue it poses economic risks and benefits U.S. adversaries.
- Key Republicans, such as House Speaker Mike Johnson and Committee Chairs Cathy McMorris Rodgers and Bruce Westerman, stress the importance of LNG exports for maintaining low energy prices, supporting allies, and reducing global carbon emissions.
- Former Secretary Perry warns that withholding U.S. LNG supply may empower Russia, harm jobs in Pennsylvania, and compromise national security by forcing allies back to Russia and Qatar.
- President Biden’s directive instructs the Department of Energy to halt pending permits for LNG export facilities, citing the need for a comprehensive environmental review, which could take over a year.
- Critics, including Congressional leaders and Republican senators, argue that the decision prioritizes the demands of climate activists over U.S. energy security, potentially benefiting China and Russia, and contradicting previous commitments to reduce Europe’s dependence on Russian gas.
Comments – Threads – Links
- We produce a huge amount of energy in this country, and it’s the cleanest in the world. Halting LNG exports will weaken America and strengthen our adversaries. Biden is weakening our nation! – Ron DeSantis – clip at Twitter
- Texas is the country’s largest natural gas exporter and the third largest in the world! This reckless move is nothing more than retaliation against Texas — for standing up to this administration over the border crisis- Kathy Brock NP
- He’s trying to cut off LNG revenues to TX the same way he tried to cut off gas revenues to Russia by blowing up Nordstream- Joe Fagundes
- Is there a valid reason for the Biden administration to freeze LNG exports, and if so, how does it align with their long-term energy strategy for the country?- Fairly Impartial
- “temporary pause on pending decisions of Liquefied Natural Gas exports – with the exception of unanticipated and immediate national security emergencies” Is the Russian invasion of Ukraine not a national security emergency that justifies increased LNG exports to Europe? When Republicans complain that Biden has no strategy, this is what they are talking about. Congress should pass the supplemental but it won’t do much good if Biden keeps undermining his own claimed objectives of supporting Ukraine and countering Russia- Colby Badhwar