BREAKING: Newly unveiled Obama secret memo reveals committee created in 2014 changed the controlling of Presidential records following Russian hacking, the failure to disclose this info likely makes any actions by Trump in docs case not actionable in court, said Patrick Webb (see below)
In a recent development, conservative watchdog group America First Legal has brought to light a previously undisclosed Obama-era memo that could have significant implications for the ongoing legal battle surrounding former President Trump’s alleged mishandling of classified documents. This revelation challenges the foundation of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s indictment, claiming that Trump lacked the authority to possess or retain such documents. Dixie T says ‘WHOA!!!!!!! Secret Obama Memo Could Impact Jack Smith’s Classified Documents Case Against Trump . . . The memo shows that a President is the controller of ALL information he receives (documents, etc.)!!!!!!! The memo ‘gives the President exclusive control over information he receives’ from anyone including other agencies and departments within the federal government,’ and links to Gateway Pundit
Many of us have been claiming this ever since the raid. Thank you for your legal leg work- Andrea Shaffer, Employment/Labor Law
The legal saga began in June when Jack Smith charged Trump with 37 federal counts related to the storage of classified documents at his Mar-a-Lago residence. The charges included 31 counts of willful retention of national defense information and six additional process crimes stemming from Trump’s discussions with his lawyer. Subsequently, in July, Smith added three more charges in a superseding indictment, further intensifying the investigation into classified documents stored at Mar-a-Lago.
Recently, America First Legal filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request against the Defense Department, seeking more information on a clandestine committee established by Barack Obama. This committee, known as the Presidential Information Technology Committee (PITC), was created in 2014 in response to Russian hackers breaching the Executive Office of the President’s network.
/1🚨BREAKING — A secret Obama memo, the Presidential Information Technology Committee (PITC), regarding control of Presidential records could change everything in the DOJ’s politicized prosecution of Trump…
— America First Legal (@America1stLegal) January 30, 2024
According to America First Legal, the PITC memo may play a pivotal role in challenging Smith’s assertion that Trump lacked authorization to possess or retain classified documents. The watchdog group argues that the memo, which established the PITC in 2014, created a presumption that the President controls all information he receives. This presumption extends to information contained on information systems and resources, designating it as “EOP information.”
The PITC memo’s significance lies in its establishment of the President’s exclusive control over information resources and systems provided to the President. By relying on the Federal Records Act’s definition of “information system,” the memo asserts that the President has exclusive control over information he receives while in office. This presumption is crucial in understanding what a President may reasonably believe about the information given to him.
BREAKING: Newly unveiled Obama secret memo reveals committee created in 2014 changed the controlling of Presidential records following Russian hacking, the failure to disclose this info likely makes any actions by Trump in docs case not actionable in court. pic.twitter.com/3mVxkLrWLX
— Patrick Webb (@RealPatrickWebb) January 30, 2024
Moreover, if information stored on the PITC network forms the basis for Smith’s prosecution of Trump, America First Legal argues that this evidence should have been disclosed to the former President. The watchdog group contends that the memo may have created a reasonable belief in Trump that he had the authority to possess and retain classified documents.
Dan Bongino, always ahead of the curve, tackled the story in the following show:
In light of these findings, America First Legal emphasizes the importance of public transparency and the potential impact on the government’s obligation to disclose necessary information to the defendant during the prosecution of a former President. Dr. Dan Epstein, representing America First Legal, stated, “The American people deserve to know the truth behind this secretive memo and how it has been used.”
If he wins in 2024, Trump is planning on expanding a Nixon-era DOJ memo to "advise that the department should prohibit the prosecution of presidents even after they leave office." Normal stuff.https://t.co/soFf5Mswas
— Drinks and Wings (@DrinksandWings) January 29, 2024
The watchdog group’s findings align with their previous whitepaper, asserting that the President of the United States holds absolute authority over presidential papers, and neither Congress nor federal courts may lawfully abrogate or limit this authority. These revelations add a new layer to the legal complexities surrounding Trump’s indictment, raising questions about the validity of the charges and the government’s adherence to transparency in such high-profile cases. As the investigation unfolds, the public awaits further insights into the impact of the Obama-era memo on the ongoing legal proceedings.
We have all understood that the Deep State are playing their games. What remains to be seen is can they taint the greatest president of our lifetimes enough to once again install a dementia president in the White House without creating a mass movement to take out their entire Leftist movement before they destroy America.
- Be prepared for anything, including lockdowns with your own Emergency Med kit – see Wellness Emergency Kit (includes Ivermectin and other essential drugs – get approved over the phone – Dr. McCullough’s company!) 🛑
- Get the Spike Control formula to help you clean your blood out of spike proteins from the vaccine. Proven to clean blood and save lives. 👍 – Whatfinger Sponsor
Major Points Discussed:
- The conservative watchdog group, America First Legal, recently uncovered a secret Obama-era memo that challenges the basis of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s indictment against former President Trump for alleged mishandling of classified documents.
- In June, Jack Smith indicted Trump on 37 federal counts related to storing classified documents at Mar-a-Lago, including 31 counts of willful retention of national defense information and six additional process crimes. In July, Smith added three more charges in a superseding indictment.
- America First Legal filed a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request against the Defense Department, seeking more information about the Presidential Information Technology Committee (PITC), a secretive committee created by Barack Obama in 2014 in response to Russian hackers breaching the Executive Office of the President’s network.
- The PITC memo establishes a presumption that the President controls all information he receives, designating it as “EOP information.” It asserts the President’s exclusive control over information resources and systems provided to him, shaping what a President may reasonably believe about the information given to him while in office.
- America First Legal argues that the PITC memo may have created a reasonable belief in President Trump that he had the authority to possess and retain classified documents. The group questions whether evidence stored on the PITC network should have been disclosed to Trump during the prosecution and suggests potential implications for the validity of the charges against him.
Comments – Threads – Links
- I’ve been saying this from Day 1- jasoncloninger
- If a President has sole discretion on classifying and un-classifying Documents whenever and however he wishes; how can anyone tell him what and how to classify and when? There is no law as to how a President handles Documents. None- The-Synergy-Project
- Thank you, that is valuable information- maria faraci
- Meaning that the FBI and the department justice acted illegally when they raided Donald Trump’s home- OC OKIE
- President Trump was a fine President and a very Patriotic America loving man but he exposed how corrupt the system is and I believe they will do whatever it takes to prevent him from getting back in office!! Sure hope I’m wrong- grady1957