Thanks to Marianne Williamson for a principled fight to bring democracy to the Democratic Party. She worked tirelessly to elevate critical solutions despite relentless suppression. May that spirit of struggle keep growing as we fight for the future we deserve! – Dr. Jill Stein
Much to be grateful for… pic.twitter.com/vbSP5b8yrD
— Marianne Williamson (@marwilliamson) February 8, 2024
Self-help guru Marianne Williamson has suspended her presidential campaign after terribly poor showings in the New Hampshire and South Carolina primaries, ending her long-shot primary challenge to President Biden. The 71-year-old, known for her spiritual insights and association with TV host Oprah Winfrey, conveyed her decision through a video message on YouTube, expressing an appreciation for the beauty in endings.
In her message, Williamson acknowledged the challenges of her campaign journey, stating, “First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you don’t win.” Despite the apparent failure, she emphasized the genuine success in articulating deeper and more authentic truths often overlooked by the political establishment. Proud of representing those often ignored in America, she regretted not reaching a broader audience to offer hope.
Reflecting on her ten-month campaign, Williamson, a Texas native, acknowledged the valuable lessons learned. She emphasized the ongoing nature of processing this experience and highlighted the importance of forgiveness in guiding her forward. Rejecting dwelling on missed opportunities, she expressed optimism about hidden gifts yet to reveal themselves.
Marianne Williamson suspends presidential campaign https://t.co/P86S78KJDM
— John Solomon (@jsolomonReports) February 8, 2024
Having launched her campaign in March of the previous year, Marianne Williamson positioned herself as the first challenger to President Biden’s reelection. Her campaign launch speech at Union Station in Washington underscored the pivotal choice facing the country – a path of division and hatred or a new direction grounded in compassion, love, and understanding.
Williamson’s campaign prominently focused on issues such as reproductive justice, advocating against federal government interference in women’s access to abortions. Other key issues included addressing the climate emergency, closing wealth inequality gaps, increasing the minimum wage, providing tuition-free higher education, and implementing a universal healthcare system.
BREAKING: Marianne Williamson suspends her presidential campaign, ending long-shot primary challenge to Biden https://t.co/jBUbbWJj0F
— The Associated Press (@AP) February 8, 2024
The author also championed lowering the voting age to 16, offering conflict resolution and mindfulness training in schools, and providing education on restorative justice and peace creation. Despite the breadth of her platform, her campaign struggled to gain traction, with national polling dropping to 6.5 percent in the month before her withdrawal.
In the New Hampshire primary, Williamson received only 5,000 votes, prompting her to continue for two more primaries. However, her support further diminished, with a mere 2 percent of the vote in South Carolina and around 3 percent in Nevada.
BREAKING: Marianne Williamson ends her 2024 bid, leaving President Biden with one challenger in the Democratic primary. https://t.co/ulgmqAuP34
— CBS News (@CBSNews) February 8, 2024
Acknowledging the decline in support, Williamson announced the suspension of her campaign but expressed the intention to keep her campaign website operational. She urged future candidates to draw inspiration from the ideas her team brought to the table, expressing satisfaction in seeing these concepts live on in future campaigns.
Williamson concluded her announcement by expressing gratitude to everyone who supported her on the journey, recognizing the faith and belief many had in the possibilities her campaign represented. While acknowledging the lack of success in securing a winning political campaign, she remained confident in the impact her efforts had on the political landscape.
Marianne Williamson (D) suspends presidential campaign after getting only 3% in Nevada pic.twitter.com/rGg73ENgsH
— BNO News (@BNONews) February 8, 2024
This decision to suspend her 2024 campaign follows Williamson’s previous, albeit unsuccessful, run in the 2020 Democratic primaries, where she focused on advocating for cash reparations to be provided to black individuals in the United States. Everyone knows this is a contest between Biden and Trump. All others are in for other reasons. Williamson’s campaign was never thought of in a serious way by either side. She is a nice person but will never be President of the United States.
- Be prepared for anything, including lockdowns with your own Emergency Med kit – see Wellness Emergency Kit (includes Ivermectin and other essential drugs – get approved over the phone – Dr. McCullough’s company!) 🛑
- Get the Spike Control formula to help you clean your blood out of spike proteins from the vaccine. Proven to clean blood and save lives. 👍 – Whatfinger Sponsor
Major Points Discussed:
- Self-help author Marianne Williamson, known for her spiritual insights, has decided to suspend her 2024 Democratic presidential campaign.
- In a YouTube video on February 7, Williamson expressed appreciation for the “beauty” in endings and shared a message emphasizing the success of articulating deeper truths often ignored by the political establishment.
- Her campaign, launched in March of the previous year, focused on issues such as reproductive justice, climate emergency, wealth inequality, minimum wage, tuition-free higher education, and a universal healthcare system.
- Despite a broad platform, Williamson’s campaign struggled to gain traction, with national polling dropping to 6.5 percent before her withdrawal.
- While acknowledging the lack of success, Williamson expressed optimism about the impact of her campaign, urged future candidates to draw inspiration from her ideas, and announced the intention to keep her campaign website operational.
Comments – Threads – Links
- She was running? This is the first time I heard her name. – Chuck Loy
- Again? That’s a Regular thing. Every 4 yrs! Lol. – Timbuktu
- She should take Nikki too – @SharifatSima
- A great author: A Course in Miracles, A Return to Love, etc., not sure how she got into politics- Mid-Ohio Forklifts
- Who even knew she was running? – Elrr
- She never had a chance, despite being better than Biden. But that’s damning by faint praise, almost anyone is better than Biden. – Jeff H
Biden and crew are doing everything possible to take the nation down. Nations and banks around the world are buying Gold fast and at record amounts. Do yourself or your family a favor, check out GOLD now – Whatfinger endorses Goldco, which has helped people all over America to protect their 401Ks and retirement – get the free details – CLICK HERE or below…
News Junkies Delight…. One visit and you are hooked…. Come over to Whatfinger’s main page. All news and more news than any other site on the net.